Mesa Academy Service Learning
Silver Service Learning Award
About Service Learning
Service Learning is available to 7th and 8th grade students, starting after the last day of 6th grade. The goal of students taking part in Service Learning is to earn at least 50 hours by the end of 8th grade. This will earn them recognition and a Silver Service Award Certificate. Students can participate in activities to count towards their Service Learning hours through Option A and Option B. **Note: Service Learning is NOT NJHS. However, if a student filled out an application, they could count their NJHS hours toward their Service Learning hours.
Option B For Students and Parents
Option B covers is any activity that is initiated by the student for service on the school campus or in the community.
This service must be PRE-APPROVED, be separate from religious worship, and not be supervised by a family member.
For more information, please visit Mesa Public School's Service Learning Website. Make sure you focus on the Silver Service Award. The Honor/Gold Program is for High School Students.
Application/Time Card Process for Students
- First, Open a Tab in your Browser and Log In to your MPS email.
- This application is to be filled out for each different club or organization the student serves through volunteer work
- 2019 Summer Timecard Application for 6th graders going into 7th grade, and 7th graders going into 8th grade
- 2019 Summer Timecard HIGH SCHOOL Honor Application for 8th graders going into 9th grade
· During the SCHOOL YEAR Option B Application for Student Link (*sign in with your School @students.mpsaz.org email FIRST!*) This is to be filled out for each different club or organization the student serves through volunteer work
- The Option B Student Timecard is only available via the online application
MAAS Service Learning Coach
Please contact Allyson Chiren with any questions about Service Learning.
Phone: (480) 308-7420