Mrs. Caroline Chung-Wipff
Email: Click Here
I am grateful for the opportunity to be your child's teacher here at the Academy.
My educational philosophy includes:
- all children can learn and they learn in different ways
- students need to feel safe and supported
- students need to learn from a base of passion (whatever is intrinsically interesting to them)
- deliberate and consistent practice is essential for developing grit
- grit is more important in creating success than talent
- we operate from a growth mindset, not a fixed one
- Over fifteen years of teaching experience in Mesa Public Schools and in the San Francisco Unified School District;
- B.A. in Psychology and a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Rochester;
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership from NAU and M.A. in Educational Technology (SFSU);
- Children's Book Author and Illustrator (Mia, Esther and the Stars, Kevin the Complainer);
- National Science Foundation Grant Recipient for Educational Research;
- 1st degree Black Belt (Chung Kim's Black Belt Academy in Davenport, IA);
- I play the piano and cello. In my spare time, I love reading books and writing.
Working with students of all ages (children and adults) is my passion. I encourage you to reach out to me at any time regarding your child's progress. Having support both at home and at school is essential for your child's success!