Mrs. Caroline Chung-Wipff
Email: Click Here
I am grateful for the opportunity to be your child's teacher here at the Academy.
My philosophy on learning includes:
- all children can learn
- children learn in different ways
- students need to feel safe and supported
- students need to learn from a base of passion (whatever is intrinsically interesting to them)
- deliberate practice is essential for developing grit
- grit is more important in creating success than talent
- we operate from a growth mindset, not a fixed one
A little bit about me:
- Over twelve years of teaching experience in Mesa Public Schools and in the San Francisco Unified School District;
- B.A. in Psychology and a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Rochester;
- M.A. in Educational Technology (SFSU) and M.A. in Educational Leadership from NAU;
- 1999 National Science Foundation Grant Recipient for Research;
- 1st degree Black Belt (Chung Kim's Black Belt Academy in Davenport, IA);
- I play the piano and cello. In my spare time, I love reading books and writing;
- CPR and First Aid certified.
Working with students of all ages (children and adults) is my passion. I encourage you to reach out to me at any time regarding your child's progress. Having support both at home and at school is essential for your child's success!