Important: Newsfeed links to Twitter accounts have been reset
Note: If you do not maintain a newsfeed that is connected to a Twitter account, you may disregard this message.
Today we pushed a new version of Architeck with some very big changes. We will be posting an article about all of our changes very soon, but there was one change that will require user intervention: All newsfeeds have been un-linked from any Twitter accounts they may have been tied to. In order to send updates to Twitter, you will need to re-link your newsfeed to Twitter.
This particular change comes because of a policy change on Twitter's side. In short, they are turning off the "old" way some web applications connected to Twitter. This is a good change that should lead to greater security for all Twitter users.
It's very simple to re-link your newsfeed to Twitter.
- Navigate to the newsfeed you want to link up.
- Login to Architeck if you haven't done so, and click on "Edit Page".
- Scroll down to the section: "Update Twitter Account".
- Check the box that says "Publish articles to a Twitter account".
- When you click Submit, you will be redirected to Twitter's API authorization page. Login to Twitter.
- Twitter will ask if you want to allow Architeck to post to your Twitter account. Click "Allow".
- Twitter should redirect back to Architeck, and you're done!
You can confirm that your newsfeed was connected to Twitter by clicking on "Edit Page" and scrolling down to the bottom. You should see a message that says "Currently authorized as: (your username)"
That's all, folks! Stay tuned for the post about our big update!