Brinton, Bush, and O'Connor Elementary Bands
Mesa Public Schools - 2018/2019
What does my child need for band?
There are a few things your child needs for band:
1) An instrument. Please rent one from a local music store if you do not own one or cannot get one from a family member or friend. There is a very limited supply of school-owned instruments at each campus. These are best utilized for families who cannot afford the cost of an instrument. Applying for a school-owned instrument does not guarantee the use of a school-owned instrument.
2) Method Book
- All 5th Grade Students (Brinton, Bush, O'Connor)
- 6th Grade Students at Bush
Essential Elements, Bk. 1. - This is instrument specific. For example: If your child plays clarinet, the title will be Essential Elements, Bb Clarinet Book 1.
3) Instrument accessories necessary for your instrument.
- Flute rod
- A very thin rag
- About 2 inches wide and longer than the flute rod
- Clarinets and Saxophones
- A quantity of 3-5
- A strength rating of 2.5 or 3
- These will need to be replaced periodically
- A cleaning swab
- A reed case
- Brass (Trumpet, Horn, Baritone, Tuba)
- Valve oil
- A sturdy rag
- Slide oil
- A rag
- "2B" or "General"
- Hard-rubber mallets (All normally included with a bell kit).
Phone: Brinton - (480) 472.4976
Phone: Bush - (480) 472.8563
Phone: O'Connor - (480) 472.7886