Brinton, Bush, and O'Connor Elementary Bands
Mesa Public Schools - 2019/2020
What does my child need for band?
There are a few things your child needs for band:
1) An instrument. Please rent one from a local music store if you do not own one or cannot get one from a family member or friend. There is a very limited supply of school-owned instruments at each campus. These are best utilized for families who cannot afford the cost of an instrument. Applying for a school-owned instrument does not guarantee the use of a school-owned instrument.
2) Method Book
- All band students at Brinton, Bush, and O'Connor
Essential Elements, Bk. 1. - This is instrument specific. For example: If your child plays clarinet, the title will be Essential Elements, Bb Clarinet Book 1.
Also, make sure it's in the correct language if you're ordering online!
3) Instrument accessories necessary for your instrument.
- Flute rod
- A very thin rag
- About 3" x 12" in size
- Clarinets and Saxophones
- Quantity: 3-5 reeds at all times
- A strength rating of 2.5 or 3
- These will need to be replaced periodically
- Rico is a good basic brand to go with
- A cleaning swab
- A reed case
- Brass (Trumpet, Horn, Baritone, Tuba)
- Valve oil
- A sturdy rag
- Slide oil
- A sturdy rag
- "2B" or "General" drum sticks
- Hard-rubber mallets with stiff handles (All normally included with a bell kit).
Phone: Brinton - (480) 472.4976
Phone: Bush - (480) 472.8563
Phone: O'Connor - (480) 472.7886
Concert Dates for Brinton, Bush, and O'Connor Bands
CLICK HERE (updated 11/5/19)
Downloadable & In Color