Mrs. Ruth Argabright
Email: Click Here
Mrs. Ruth Argabright served as the Mesa Public Schools Music Education Specialist from 2002 - 2017. Before that, she was the District General Music Specialist for six years and prior to that, taught general music at Whitman Elementary School. She also taught choral and general music in Virginia and Georgia, as well as early childhood music classes at the community college level.
Some other accomplishments include:
- ASU (Arizona State University) School of Music Outstanding Alumni Award - 2010
- External Reviewer, ASU School of Music - 2008
- National Chair for the Society of General Music - 2002-2006
- Western Division Representative for the Society for General Music - 2000-2002
- AMEA (Arizona Music Educators Association) Excellence in Music Administration Award - 2000
- President of AzSGM (Arizona Society for General Music) - 1991-2001
Ruth and her husband, Ron, have 3 children, 5 wonderful grandchildren, and a sheepadoodle named Shelby. They enjoy spending time as a family swimming, playing Legos, and just getting together and having fun! Of course, music is involved -- gathering around the piano, playing flute, clarinet, saxophone, violin, and of course singing!
Washington General Music Program
The general music program at Washington provides an active learning process in which students explore music in a variety of ways. General music classes provide students with numerous opportunities to perform, create, and listen to music. The goal is that each student will gain skills in music, an understanding of music and an appreciation of music.
For those students who choose to study music further, the foundation is laid in general music. For all students, music can serve as a catalyst toward the maximum development of individual potential.