Mr. Doug Cutler, M.A.,CCC-SLP
Email: Click Here
Hi and thank you for visiting the Mesa Public Schools AAC website and resource center.
I hope you find this site helpful, informative, and user friendly.
A little about me . . .
Master’s Speech-Language Pathology:
Western Washington University
Bachelor’s Speech Language Pathology:
Northern Arizona University
American Speech-Language Hearing Association Member since 1999
Arizona Department of Health Services Certification
I have worked for Mesa Public schools since 2005 as an Augmentative and Alternative Communication Specialist. I began my work in a non-profit company where we provided Assistive Technology services to persons throughout Arizona. Other relevant experiences include, presenting at the Arizona Speech-Language Hearing Association Conference, teaching an AAC course through the SLP-Assistant program at Scottsdale Community College for three years, and being a founding member in a company that provided contracted special education personnel into school districts. Here in the Mesa Public School District, AACservices are provided to students with severe expressive language disorders/delays from Preschool through High School including out of district placements and homebound students.
These services include:
- Evaluations for AAC Systems and associated mounting equipment,
- MPS Consultations,
- Coordinating and conducting SLP, Special Ed Teacher, Staff and Parent Training,
- Student/teacher/aide/SLP classroom/curriculum supports and adaptation
- Programming, creating/designing visual aides (i.e., schedule/sequence boards),
overlays, communication books, and access supports (mounts, slant boards, etc.),
- Technical Support (repair, software updates),
- Maintaining MPS library of AAC devices and access equipment,
- Liaison between DDD, insurance and AAC company personnel.