AVID Tutor Training Resources
Please complete the following tasks before you begin work at your AVID school as an AVID Tutor.
On-the-Job Training for New Tutors
Please review the document provided regarding your employment with Mesa Public Schools as an AVID Tutor.
1. Download and read the Welcome Packet. Your AVID Coordinator can help you fill out your work schedule. Call Mike Garcia at (480) 308-7557 if you are unsure of your work schedule.
2. Make note of the special days on the calendar in the Welcome Packet. These may affect some of your scheduled work days.
4. Review the AVID Tutorial Request Form. Bring any questions about it to your AVID Coordinator.
6. Go to www.avid.org and sign up for an account.
7. Review AVID's resources for tutors. You can find resources for each step of the AVID tutorial process by following the link provided. (AVID account and log-in required before materials can be viewed).