Welcome to the Mesa Biotechnology Academy!
Turkey Roast 2016 - Click this link for a PDF of the Flyer
RSVP to the number on the flyer!
Biotech Academy Events - Click the Green Dates to See Our Event Calendar!
Biotech Academy Club Meetings are Thursdays After School - or lunch meetings are announced as needed.
The application is in a Google Survey format that will take you to a new internet window. The responses are sent directly to The Mesa Biotechnology Academy's director, Amanda Cherry. The Mesa Biotechnology Academy will contact you to schedule an interview within one week of receiving your application.
If you are having trouble completing the application online you may access the link below for a paper copy to print. If you choose to use the paper application, please mail or drop your application off at the address described in the application document. Paper Application: .doc Format or PDF Format
Click Here to Watch an Informational Video about the Mesa Biotechnology Academy
This video highlights students and the facilities of the Mesa Biotech Academy in the first 12 minutes.
What are the benefits of Biotechnology to students?
Students in the Biotechnology Academy program will…
- Receive skill training in current biotechnology areas using the latest computer software and equipment in use in industry.
- Take Biotechnology courses that are part of the Honors Program and counts for Weighted Science credit in Life Science or Physical Science
- Participate in a hands-on, activity oriented program that that emphasizes skill development.
- Have the opportunity to enroll in a sequence of courses covering essential topics in biotechnology (Refer to Biotechnology Program of Study).
- Take courses that will apply and reinforce their study of math and science.
- Enjoy a challenging program that incorporates and addresses the goal of raising standards of learning.
- Participate in a program that will allow them to explore a major career path and, if they wish to continue, will prepare them for further education at a two or four year college in the field of biosciences.
- Participate in a program that has developed articulation agreements with Maricopa County Community Colleges and dual enrollment credits with the University of Arizona.
- Be prepared to pursue a career in the biosciences where a national employment shortage exists and pay scales are among the highest levels for entry level professionals or technicians.
- (Optional) Have an opportunity to have an internship with a local industry or universities during their High School schedule or summer.
- 100% of our graduates have attended post secondary institutions or joined the US Military! We are proud of all BTA Graduates, and look forward to the impact they will have on tomorrow's science.
More information is available at Mrs. Cherry's website: Click here to see photos of our travels and other information about the Academy.
Email the director: Amanda Cherry Click Here