Mrs. Lauren Castillo
Email: Click Here
Brinton Elementary: 480-472-4297 Mondays, Thursdays, B week Wednesdays
Wilson Elementary: 480-472-9269 Tuesdays, Fridays, A week Wednesdays
I am happy to be back for my 5th year as a school counselor at Brinton and Wilson. I was born and raised in Arizona.
I attended the University of Arizona for my bachelor’s degree in
psychology. Then, I attended Arizona State University for
my master’s degree in counseling, with a focus on school counseling. I enjoy hiking and being surrounded by nature, traveling, skiing, yoga and dancing.
Most of all, I enjoy working with elementary students and seeing their growth throughout the school year.
I will get to know students through teaching classroom guidance lessons, small group counseling and individual counseling to promote their academic and social success. I am there for them as someone to listen and help guide them through any problems or situations that arise.
Please feel free to call, email or stop by, I am glad to assist in any way that I can.
My role as a school counselor is to:
- Serve as a student advocate
- Help students master academic and career competencies
- Present guidance lessons to all classrooms on self-knowledge, conflict resolution, responsibility, cooperation, choices, friendship skills, and more
- Provide small group counseling on study skills, family changes, personal loss, and other issues
- Provide student assistance with issues such as self-esteem, anger management, school success, and social skills