Welcome to the 2021-22 School Year!
I want to welcome you as we get ready to start the 2021-22 school year.
I hope you have had an enjoyable summer and are ready for the new school year to start. I wanted to share some information and dates with you the help you prepare for the start of the new school year.
- Parent Portal and Student Portal: Please make sure you and your student have access to your portal. If your student does not remember their password, they can have it reset by completing the Student Password Reset Form. We also need you to update your contact information within the Parent Portal to complete the registration process and so that we have the most current information. If you are not able to access your Parent Portal, then please contact Mary Fraijo Lucero at 480.472.2910 or email at email@example.com. Remember, you can view grades and attendance in real time using the Parent Portal, it is a great tool to have as a parent.
- Student Schedules: Students will be able to view their schedules in their Student Portal beginning next week. We usually have to balance some classes prior to the first day of school, so there is a chance that the schedule could change between now and the first day of school. We will have paper copies of student schedules in the Carson office beginning Friday, July 30th if you need to pick one up. Schedule changes will only be made for necessary reason. If you feel like a change needs to be made, you can submit a Schedule Change Request for our counselors to look into.
- Computers: We will be issuing computers during the Carson Kick Off on Monday, August 2nd between 10:00am – 12:00pm in the Media Center to any student who does not have one. If your student does not receive a computer on 8/2, then one will be issued to them during the first week of school. Please consider purchasing the $30 Device Protection Plan in case there is an accident and the computer is damaged.
- School Supplies: You will want to make sure your student has a good backpack, one that has a section to protect their laptop is preferred. During the first week of school, we will provide all students with a binder and basic supplies to get the school year started. Your students’ teachers will let you know of anything else they might need to be successful in their class.
- Cell Phones Policy: If you need to reach your student while they are on campus, please contact the Carson office so we can get the message to them. Students will not be able to have their phones out between the hours of 9:15am – 4:00pm, this includes during their lunch. There will be occasional exceptions to this, but we want our students focused on learning while they are with us at school. If a phone happens to be confiscated, it will be returned to the student at the end of the school day the first time. If it happens again, it will need to be picked up by a parent/guardian from the front office. Please talk with your students about this, and I really appreciate your help with this.
- 2021-22 Bell Schedule: Our school day begins at 9:15am and ends at 4:00pm. We will continue to have 4 different lunches throughout the school day. Keep in mind that every Wednesday will be a 2:00pm release.
- Transportation: If you live more than 1.5 miles away from Carson, you are eligible for bus transportation. Please watch the ‘How to Ride a Bus video’ with your student. Be sure you have your current address in your Parent Portal so that we know if you need a bus or not. Bus routes will be available on the Carson website on July 27th.
- Bussing and Parent Drop Off/Pick Up: Students who ride a bus will be dropped off at the front of the school. If you plan to drive your student to school, please use the North parking lot by the Carson Pool to drop off and pick up your student. This will help to ensure our students safety and will help the flow of traffic move quickly during that time.
- Athletics: If you are interested in playing Junior High Athletics, we start the 1st quarter with Boys Basketball, Girls Soccer and Wrestling. We will have more information available as the school year begins.
- Cafeteria: For the entire 2021-22 school year, breakfast and lunch are being provided for FREE to all students for the entire school year.
- Upcoming Dates:
7/22 – 7th Grade Transition Program 8:00am-12:00pm (register here)
8/2 – Carson Kick Off 10:00am – 12:00pm: Walk your schedule / Meet the Teacher
8/3 – First Day of School (gates open at 8:40am; class starts at 9:15am)
8/12 – Open House / Curriculum Night
Again, I am excited that you will be part of our Carson family this school year. The entire Carson staff is looking forward to a very productive and outstanding school year. Go Cougars!