Volume XXV, Number 6, March 9, 2012
IN THIS ISSUE: Career Ladder Budget Priorities for 2012-2013, 2012-2013 Budget Options; Career Ladder Focus Group; Spring Break
Career Ladder Department
Career Ladder Budget Priorities for 2012-2013
In the spring of 2011, the Career Ladder Implementation Committee (CLIC) established Career Ladder program priorities to guide budget decisions in the final years of the program. The list included, in rank order
- The individual application and addenda component
- School Program Support to building level administrators for the purpose of supporting academic goals to increase student achievement at the site
- Quality Service Incentive for certified and classified staff based on meeting district quality service goals (Career Ladder funds comprise all of the May Quality Service Incentive.)
- Academic Goal Incentive for certified staff based on schools meeting their academic goals (Career Ladder funds comprise a portion of the July Academic Goal Incentive.)
- The Student Achievement Coach Cadre to support educators in the individual application component and evaluate plans and results per criteria
- The All Kids Are Great Professional Development Academy (AKAG) and summer program
- Learning Teams
- Professional Development Stipends (PDS) for participation in Career Ladder supported professional development opportunities
Due to continuing budget reductions in 2012-2013, the CLIC recognizes that some parts of the Career Ladder program must be further decreased and others can no longer be maintained. The Committee is currently considering three budget options which are posted below. If you would like to ask questions or offer input about the budget options, you are invited to attend a focus group meeting with the Career Ladder Director, Tracy Yslas. See meeting details in the article that follows the budget options.
2012-2013 Budget Options
|Funding Priorities||Option 1||Option 2||Option 3|
|Decrease by 3%||Decrease by 17%||Decrease by 13%|
|School Program Support||Decrease by 51%||Decrease by 35%||Decrease by 51%|
|Quality Service Incentive for all
qualified classified and certified personnel
|Decrease by 29%||Decrease by 29%||Decrease by 14%|
|Funding will decrease based on projected
educator participation in the Individual Component.
|Academic Goal Incentive for all qualified certified personnel||Funding will no longer be maintained.|
|All Kids Are Great (AKAG),
Learning Teams, Professional Development Stipends (PDS)
|Funding will no longer be maintained.|
|Career Ladder Administration||Administrative staff and department expenditures
will continue to be reduced in accordance with
Career Ladder Focus Group, Monday, March 26
Interested MPS educators (teachers, specialists, administrators, Career Ladder participants and non-participants) are invited to join Career Ladder Director Tracy Yslas for a focused conversation about the Career Ladder Program components and budget for the 2012-2013 year. Your thoughts, ideas, and feedback are valued.
The focus group will meet on Monday, March 26, from 4:30-5:30 p.m. at the Curriculum Services Center (549 N. Stapley Drive), Building 4, Room 141.
Seating is limited, so please call 472.0356 to reserve a place. A $20 stipend will be available for each participant.
The Career Ladder department will be closed March 12-16 and will resume regular office hours on Monday, March 19.
Career Ladder Implementation Committee (CLIC) policy states
that CLASS application materials may NOT be submitted via FAX or electronic mail.
The Common Key is a supplement to the Career Ladder Handbook and Guides.
The MPS Career Ladder mission is to increase student achievement by supporting all employees in achieving high performance standards.