Classroom Performance System "Clickers"
The Classroom Performance System (CPS) is a package of hardware and software developed by eInstruction Corporation. The "clickers" are small, handheld devices that allow students to respond to questions asked verbally, on paper or on screen and enables a teacher to instantly assess student's comprehension of a lesson. The software and hardware work together so that teachers can create and deliver course-relevant questions and standards. The system creates an interactive learning environment in any classroom.
- You can engage every child in class material by creating an interactive learning environment in your classroom.
- Spend less time grading and more time teaching. Grade tests and quizzes, create lessons, and generate personalized reports automatically!
- Students who normally remain silent in class can now answer every question without fear of embarrassment.
- You see instant feedback from the entire class, you know whether to move on or continue teaching a concept.
With CPS you can
- Instantly assess student's comprehension of a lesson.
- Construct, organize, and deliver your own interactive set of questions.
- Create review materials to deliver in a competitive, fun, and fast-paced learning environment.
- Input standards based on your school's, school district's, or state's requirements and create questions that measure those standards.
- Instantly receive and grade homework, reviews, tests, and standards measurements.
- Print questions in traditional paper format.
- Run CPS and another software application, like PowerPoint, simultaneously; access the on-screen CPS bar for a verbal question; or select predefined questions.
- Generate detailed reports about how each student performs in class.
- Take attendance in a quick, fun way.