Here's the 411
What's in this for me?
- More education means more money in your paycheck
- Work on GED prep
- Get ready for a community college certificate or degree program
- The next cohort will begin class in January 2014!
And the schedule?
- Convenient morning classes, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Spring 2014 classes will run from January through May
What about the cost?
- You will pay the MPS adult education registration fee of $20, $30 or $40, depending upon your household income
- Beginning in January 2014, the cost of the computer-based GED test will increase to approximately $150
You may be eligible for scholarships or community resources to pay for some of the costs. Ask staff about forms required to submit your request.
So, what's different from regular GED prep?
Our program focuses on an enriched curriculum to better prepare you for college-level classes. We have a transition component to help you successfully bridge from GED class to college classes. Once you are at Mesa Community College, staff will be there to guide you to campus resources and provide support during your crucial first year of college.
- Stay with your class through the first college semester
- Lessons focus on GED plus skills for college classes
- Teacher, counselor, tutor and mentor support from GED to MCC
- College success workshops given during classtime
GED to MCC is sponsored by Mesa Counts on College, a partnership of the City of Mesa, Mesa Community College and Mesa Public Schools. We are funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.