If your business or organization shares its expertise and resources, you will make a wonderful investment in our children’s future.
Consider adopting a school. Each partnership develops its own goals and activities. Work with a school near you to discuss what is needed. You can make good things happen. Possibilities abound:
- Academic achievement: Provide tutors and volunteers for classes, libraries and school offices.
- Career awareness: Host job shadowing opportunities; help conduct interview-skills workshops; participate in career days.
- Student incentives and motivation: Sponsor awards for bringing up grades, most improved students, students of the month or perfect attendance; sponsor an academic awards banquet; be a mentor or lunch buddy for a student.
- Arts enrichment: Sponsor a visual arts or music festival; help fund visits by performing artists; provide scholarships to local cultural events.
- Improving the school environment: Donate equipment; assist with landscaping; participate in campus clean-up days and beautification projects.
- Faculty support and recognition: Host a welcome-back reception for faculty and staff; fund a classroom project; recognize educators during American Education Week and Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Parent support: Contact schools to find out how you can support activities and fund raisers sponsored by Parent-Teacher Organizations and Booster Clubs.
- Families in need: Supplement the emergency clothes closet at school; furnish school supplies and personal hygiene items; donate to holiday toy and food drives.
Family-friendly businesses may apply to advertise on school buses. Rates depend on the number of buses and the number of months in each contract. Proceeds help offset transportation costs. Request information from the Communications and Marketing Department by sending an e-mail.
Contact a high school to speak to the athletic director for a referral to the Booster Club parent organization. Inquire about advertising opportunities at sporting events. Booster Clubs raise money by publishing ads on banners and in programs, primarily at football games.
Would your business like to advertise discounts for school district employees? The Purchasing Department will post your special offer online.
Do you have a discount or special promotion for employees who belong to the Mesa Education Association and the Mesa Education Support Personnel Association? Call (480) 833-8400, to propose an ad for the association's Web site.
Some student newspapers and/or annuals accept ads. Contact high schools to speak with yearbook and journalism teachers.
Nonprofit organizations that sponsor youth activities may submit fliers to through the Communications and Marketing Department.
We welcome new businesses to the growing team of vendors who serve MPS. If you wish to sell products or provide services to MPS, please acquaint yourself with the district’s purchasing procedures.
Volunteers work directly with students and behind the scenes — in classrooms, lunchrooms, libraries, school offices and sports programs.
Apply at the elementary, junior high or high school of your choice. Some businesses allow employees flexible scheduling, or time off work, to support their volunteer efforts.
To ensure our students' safety, prospective nonparent volunteers undergo free background investigations and must be cleared by the Human Resources Department before they begin. All volunteers who work with students do so in the presence of school personnel.
Volunteers of the Month are honored at Governing Board meetings, where they receive books and gift certificates from the Mesa Foundation for Educational Excellence. We treasure our volunteers! Read about our Volunteers of the Month.
Individual and business contributions of goods, services and financial support benefit students in many ways throughout the school year. The need is great. So is the appreciation of students and staff for your generosity. Consider our suggestions on how you can donate to the schools. Gift and Donation Forms for tax purposes are available at schools.
Send written information to the parent organization leader at the school of your choice. Schools are limited in the number of fundraisers they may sponsor each year. Most schools make plans in May or August. Call the Mesa Foundation for Educational Excellence, at (480) 472-0220, or send an e-mail to the executive director.