Displaying fliers on the website and at schools
May 1 is the last day to submit a request for display or distribution. May 15 is the last day to submit a request for website publication.
Please review our revised program for the 2012-13 school year.
As a community service, Mesa Public Schools displays approved outside organization fliers on the district website and sends weekly updates to subscribers. Additionally, elementary schools may choose to display or distribute these fliers. Secondary schools may choose to display these fliers.
To be considered, fliers must provide information on youth-focused activities and events that promote the health, education or welfare of our students. The activities and events must be sponsored by nonprofit or tax-exempt organizations and not conflict with enrollment and attendance in district schools.
Fliers may be no larger than 8.5 inches by 11 inches and may be one- or two-sided.
The fliers on the district website are updated weekly, and are displayed for four weeks or until the advertised event or activity ends, whichever comes first. Fliers are displayed or distributed at schools according to the flier program calendar.
If you have questions about the revised program, please contact us at (480) 472-0223 or email@example.com.
The flier approval process
Please follow these steps to expedite the review and approval process:
1. Ensure the flier meets all program criteria.
- The sponsoring organization is nonprofit or tax-exempt. (You may be asked for documentation.)
- The advertised activity or event does not conflict with enrollment and attendance in district schools.
- The advertised activity or event is youth focused and promotes the health, education or welfare of our students.
- The flier clearly displays the organization's name and contact information.
- The flier includes the required disclaimer: Mesa Public Schools neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material. The distribution or display of this material is provided as a community service.
- Refer to the flier program calendar to be sure the program schedule meets your needs.
- Submit a completed flier program by school chart to indicate your choice of schools and delivery method.
3. Allow sufficient time for the approval process. We process requests as soon as possible, but we appreciate at least a week for review and response.
4. We notify you by email when your flier is approved. If you request to display or distribute fliers, the email includes an approval form which must be affixed to flier packets.
Online publication, delivery for display or distribution
Once your flier is approved, it is published on the district website. If you request to display or distribute your fliers at schools, deliver the fliers to the Materiel Distribution Center (MDC) during the timeframe provided on the flier program calendar. The MDC is located at 143 S. Alma School Road. Fliers may not be delivered directly to schools.
- To display fliers at schools, provide one packet of not more than 50 fliers for each school selected. Affix a copy of the approval form to the top of the packet. Place the packet in a large envelope or securely bundle with string, zip ties or shrink wrap. Clearly mark with the school name.
- To distribute fliers at schools, provide the appropriate number of packets of 35 fliers for each school selected. The number of packets for a given school can be found on the flier program by school chart. Affix a copy of the approval form to the top of the stack of packets. Place the packets in a large envelope or securely bundle with string, zip ties or shrink wrap. Clearly mark with the school name.
If you have questions, please contact us at (480) 472-0223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.