Spotlight awards criteria
for Governing Board recognition
Customer service champion
Please select an employee who displays exemplary customer service to parents, students, community members, colleagues and other district staff. Awardee must be in good standing with the district.
Educator who makes a difference
This award is for an employee who has made a measurable, positive and lasting impact on student success at your school. Awardee must be in good standing with the district.
Employee who makes a difference
This award is for an employee who has made a measurable and positive impact on the success of their department or the district. Awardee must be in good standing with the district.
Please select a student who demonstrates some, but not necessarily all, of the following qualifications in specific ways:
- Effort and achievement in academics, the arts, athletics
- Persistence in giving personal best , strong work ethic
- An inspiring example to others
- Peer leadership
- Contributions to campus and community life (volunteering to help others via school-sponsored service learning, clubs, extracurricular activities)
- Positive attitude
- Perseverance and motivation (such as overcoming adversity)
- Love of learning
- Desire, determination and diligence to improve
- Act(s) of caring and kindness, treating others with dignity and respect
This award is for a community member who dedicates their time and passion to the success of all students. Individual must be current volunteer when the award is presented. Past volunteers are not eligible.