Governing Board recognition
The Superintendency and Governing Board recognize staff and students for outstanding state and national achievements. Regular board meetings are at 7 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month.
To request recognition, send an email to Laurie Struna, media communications specialist. Or call her at (480) 308-7548.
- Please communicate with your principal or director regarding the date of the recognition. Administrators traditionally attend in support of your accomplishments.
- You may print the meeting information sheet for your students or staff. This will outline the procedure for their participation in the meeting.
- All participants should arrive at 6:45 p.m. Depending upon the agenda, seating may be limited. The board will address several items before your recognition.
- Honorees will be called by name to the front of the room to meet the Governing Board. Remain at the front until all group members have been called. Then the group may return to their seats.
- It is acceptable to leave the meeting after your recognition. Please do so quietly, so the board may continue its business.
- Feel free to talk and take pictures outside the building or in the lounge/cafeteria across the hall from the Board Room. Remember that sound carries – even through the closed doors.
- Meetings are broadcast live on EdTV channel 99. Live and archived board meeting videos are broadcast online.