Classroom Rules and Expectations
Rule # 1: I am responsible for all my actions and behaviors today.
Rule #2: I will work hard, listen, and learn and try my best.
Rule #3: I will respect myself and others.
Rule #4: I will be a good citizen by doing what is right.
1. tickets for a raffle drawing
2. cougar money for auctions
4. student certificates
5. quarterly reward
6. daily group winners
7. Class Dojo points
1. verbal warning
2. cougar money deducted from salary
3. in class time out with responsibility form completion and a responsibility check
4. loss of free time or recess when card is turned
5. time out in another classroom
6. phone calls or conferences
7. administrative involvement
8. loss of quarterly reward
I have been teaching for 26 years, mostly in fourth grade. Currently, I am the team leader and head of the service learning committee. I am also the head of yearbook committee. I have a bachelors in English, a post-bac in Elementary Education, a masters in Elementary Education, and my ELL, reading, and math endorsement. I have lived in Arizona most of my life, but I spent a short time in Los Angeles and Portland. My favorite pastimes include reading, yoga, listening to music, and travelling.
I love teaching history and social studies as there are so many interesting stories to hear and lessons to learn that are applicable to our lives today. I also enjoy doing service learning projects that tie in with our curriculum. I look forward to a great year working with my students and parents to create a successful year.