Monday: P.E 9:05 - 9:35
Wed.: Media Center 9:05 - 9:35
Thursday: P.E 9:05 -9:35
Music 12:40 -1:10
Art every other week 10:40 -11:40
Lunch: 11:40 -12:15
Recess 1:30 -1:45
Orchestra; Tuesday 1:50 - 2:20 and Wednesday 12:15 -12:45
Classroom Rules and Expectations
1. I will give 100% attention by listening to my teacher or fellow students.
2. I will respect others, myself and property.
3. I will raise hands to speak or leave seat.
4. I will be prepared for class and follow directions quickly.
5. I will have a positive attitude and make smart choices.
1. tickets for a raffle drawing
2. cougar money for auctions
4. student certificates
5. quarterly reward
6. daily group winners
7. Class Dojo points
1. verbal warning
2. cougar money deducted from salary
3. in class time out with responsibility form completion and a responsibility check
4. loss of free time or recess when card is turned
5. time out in another classroom
6. phone calls or conferences
7. administrative involvement
8. loss of quarterly reward
I have been teaching for 24 years, mostly in fourth grade. Currently, I am the team leader and head of the service learning committee. I am also a part of the after school tutoring program and on the yearbook committee. I have a bachelors in English, a post-bac in Elementary Education, a masters in Elementary Education, and my ELL, reading, and math endorsement. I have lived in Arizona most of my life, but I spent a short time in Los Angeles and Portland. My favorite pastimes include reading, yoga, listening to music, and travelling.
I love teaching history and social studies as there are so many exciting things to learn about our great state. I also enjoy doing service learning projects that tie in with our curriculum. I look forward to a great year working with my students and parents to create a successful year.