Prideful Announcements of what's happening on the Dobson High School Campus
- Check our page often for updates or subscribe below to receive updates via email.
The MPS Voices Writing contest is an annual, district wide writing competition. Students and staff from all grade levels, schools, and backgrounds submit narratives, essays, poetry, and other writings. This year, two of Dobson's students have been recognized in this competition!
- Narrative - 9th grade: Honorable Mention; Alicia Acker, “How the Badger Killed the Wren,” Teacher: Donald Tripp
- Poetry - 10th grade: Honorable Mention; Brooklyn Martinez, “Look at Me,” Teacher: Rebecca Martin (poetry club)
- Kylie Chung: Harp (1st chair)
- Karlyn Curwin: Cello
- Stephen Dilley: String Bass
- David Lopez: String Bass
- Symphonic/Showcase Strings: Excellent
- Symphony Orchestra: Excellent
- Chamber Philharmonic: Superior with Distinction
Congratulations to the following students for making the 2019 All State Band!
- Noah Frederick-Bassoon
- Patrick Newman-Trumpet
- Taigen Williams-Tuba
- Jack Sheridan-Percussion
- Tanner Rackow-Percussion
13 DECA students competed at DECA State Conference February 28-March 2, 2019, at Arizona Grand Resort in Phoenix. DECA students competed in role-play scenarios before judges in a variety of marketing areas.
Congratulations Leslie Flores on becoming a Dell Scholar! Key requirements for the Dell Scholars program is Grit, Potential, and Ambition. Most Dell Scholars are first-generation college students who have demonstrated grit by overcoming personal challenges in their lives related to their families, schools or communities. They demonstrate great potential by participating in college readiness programs and seeking out advanced coursework. They demonstrate ambition by preparing themselves and planning for their dream of graduating with a college degree
Leslie Flores embodies all of these characteristics and more as a Dobson senior who also serves as a FAFSA coach, our Senior Class president and much, much more!! Leslie makes us PROUD!
January La Famiglia Mustangs of the Month
- Freshmen: Maddy Preston & Gilbert Martinez
- Sophomores: Joe Method & Miguel Valdominos
- Juniors: Emma Boyle & Bailee Brusnahan
- Seniors: Shannda Rose & Stephen Dilley
- Classified: Brenda Luwin, Front Office
- Teacher: Ashley Hobbs, English
Congratulations to our Dobson Spirit-line. Dobson Varsity Cheer is the 2019 State Runner-Up and Varsity Pom placed 5th at the AIA State Championships this weekend! Way to go Coach Lang, Coach Arnold and team!
Congratulations to the Dobson choir students for making the Southwest Regional Choir!
- Haley Reed -1st chair Soprano
- Karli Dieu - 4th chair Soprano
- Jessica Do - 7th chair Soprano
- Carmen Williams - Alternate
- Nico Searcy, 1st violin
- Melynna Dinh, 2nd violin
- Heather Rodriguez, 2nd violin
- Jasmine Monahan, viola
- Kylie Chung, cello
- Karlyn Curwin, cello
- Stephen Dilley, bass
- David Lopez, bass
- Kylie Chung, harp
- Austin Davis, harp
- Felicia Frazier-Bisner, harp