Prideful Announcements of what's happening on the Dobson High School Campus
- Check our page often for updates or subscribe below to receive updates via email.
Kiara Casas, Jessie Hernandez Hernandez, Annastasia Huchel Placencia, and Victoria Leon have been selected as semi-finalists for the Dorrance Scholarship Program. The scholarship is valued at $44,000 over 8 semesters, and supports students with international travel, community outreach, mentoring, entrepreneurial experience, and tutoring during their 4 years of attendance at one of Arizona's public universities. Finalists and award winners will be announced during the month of April.
Congratulations to the following Dobson band students who auditioned and were selected for the Arizona All State Band and Orchestra:
- Nicolas Medina (trombone),
- Taigen Williams (tuba),
- Tanner Rackow (percussion),
- Jack Sheridan (percussion),
- Michael Duran (percussion)
Congratulations to the Dobson concert bands who performed at the ABODA Area Concert Festivals in early March. The Symphonic Winds received a rating of EXCELLENT and the Concert Winds and Wind Symphony both received a rating of SUPERIOR WITH DISTINCTION, the highest rating awarded to an ensemble. Only 17 bands in the state were awarded with this rating
Dobson senior Kelli Brown has been awarded the prestigious Flinn Scholarship!
The Flinn Scholarship Program, in partnership with Arizona’s three state universities, provides enriched educational offerings that expand a Scholar’s life and career options while creating the kind of stimulating, intellectually challenging environment that students might find at the nation’s most selective colleges. Benefits include funding for two international study-abroad experiences, full tuition, room and board at one of Arizona's three state universities, and mentoring by top professors, researchers and entrepreneurs in the state. The value of the scholarship, including the tuition provided by the universities, exceeds $115,000.
- Freshmen: Olaf Ren, Jessica Partida
- Sophomore: Gabriel Gilbert, Sarah Rascon
- Junior: Kaylee Alberti, Nelley Acosta
- Senior: Trevor Gelfan, and Emily Gilbert
- Classified: Cami Fessenden, Student Advisement Secretary
- Teachers: Kevin Bilyeu, Biology, Sarah Albach, SPED MOID
Dobson HS AFJROTC cadets met with AZ State Senator Warren Petersen during visit to the AZ State Capitol and Senate Building. 24 cadets participated in the event that included a tour of the Capitol Museum and discussion on the history of the State as well as a presentation by the Senator on the specific workings of Arizona's legislature and tour of the Senate Chambers.
- Haley Merriman - 1st place in Educators Rising Moment
- Olivia Martinez- 2nd place in Impromptu Speaking & 5th place in Researching Learning Challenges
- Genesis Burciaga -3rd place in Lesson Planning and Delivery, Arts
- Maddie Coughlin 5th place in Researching Learning Challenges & 5th place in Lesson Planning and Delivery, Arts
Congratulations to the following winners of the 2018 Voices Writing Contest for Mesa Public Schools K-12 Students, Teachers, and Staff:
Dobson Student Art Projects accepted into juried Masters of Tomorrow Exhibition & Scholarship Competition
The Dobson Visual Arts Department is proud to share that 11 of our art students had one or more art pieces accepted into the juried "Masters of Tomorrow Exhibition and Scholarship Competition" taking place at Benedictine University in downtown Mesa.