Prideful Announcements of what's happening on the Dobson High School Campus
- Check our page often for updates or subscribe below to receive updates via email.
May La Famiglia Mustangs of the Month
- Freshmen: Bradyn Flahart & Janisha Yazzi
- Sophomores: Jaila Jones & Ty Matz
- Juniors: Kenny Ha & Lisa Marie Plukala
- Seniors: Katharine Sherdan & Kai-se Toledo
- Classified: Lea Lynch, Security
- Teacher: Troy Green, Math
The Dobson Wind Symphony earned a Superior with Distinction, the highest rating possible at State Concert Festival on Friday, April 26th at Mountain View High School!
Jane Trayer was recently awarded the KTAR Teacher of the Month award! Jane is an exceptional teacher and is more than deserving of the award! Jane was surprised by KTAR radio station hosts Mac & Gaydos on April 4th and awarded $1000. Special thanks to student Katie Connally for nominated this outstanding teacher! #dobsonpride
Dobson entered the indoor percussion and winter guard circuit Winter Guard Arizona (WGAZ) this year.
In their first year Dobson Indoor Percussion earned top awards and placed 4th out of 13 groups in their division at Championships at ASU on March 29. 2019!
Dobson’s Winter Guard group combined with Skyline Guard to create “MPS Winterguard” and earned 1st place in their division at Championships!
The MPS Voices Writing contest is an annual, district wide writing competition. Students and staff from all grade levels, schools, and backgrounds submit narratives, essays, poetry, and other writings. This year, two of Dobson's students have been recognized in this competition!
- Narrative - 9th grade: Honorable Mention; Alicia Acker, “How the Badger Killed the Wren,” Teacher: Donald Tripp
- Poetry - 10th grade: Honorable Mention; Brooklyn Martinez, “Look at Me,” Teacher: Rebecca Martin (poetry club)
- Kylie Chung: Harp (1st chair) - Kylie will be honored at the MPS Governing Board Meeting on Tuesday 5/14 at 7PM
- Karlyn Curwin: Cello
- Stephen Dilley: String Bass
- David Lopez: String Bass
- Symphonic/Showcase Strings: Excellent
- Symphony Orchestra: Excellent
- Chamber Philharmonic: Superior with Distinction
Congratulations to the following students for making the 2019 All State Band!
- Noah Frederick-Bassoon
- Patrick Newman-Trumpet
- Taigen Williams-Tuba
- Jack Sheridan-Percussion
- Tanner Rackow-Percussion