Phoenix Chinese Week Scholarship Program
The Phoenix Chinese Week committee's mission is to provide programs and activities to promote a better understanding of the Chinese Culture, Arts and Language and educate our youth. One means of accomplishing this is to grant scholarships to students who wish to pursue additional higher levels of education
If you are a graduating high school senior who meets the following eligibility criteria, you are encouraged to apply!
- Must be a high school senior enrolled as a full time student in an accredited valley high school
- Applicant must have at least a B grade point average
- Applicant must be actively involved in the Chinese community
- Applicant must be an Arizona resident
Three scholarships are awarded at $750.00 each
The applicant are reviewed by an impartial or independent committee. The committee will select the scholarship winners with the following guidelines:
- A minimum of 3.0 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale. (send latest transcript)
- Active involvement in the Chinese Community and demonstration of strong leadership skills in school activities and extracurricular activities
- List of all awards and honors recieved
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor
- Written essay on goals and aspirations (not to exceed 250 words)
Scholarship recipients will be requested to attend our annual Chinese New Year Banquet to receive the scholarship award.