Our students will register using their four year education plan. In other words, our students will be planning for all four years of high school. The courses on their plan for the next school year will be the courses they are registering for in 2012-2013.
The plan will be designed in Kuder® Navigator (http://www.mpsaz.kuder.com) in a computer lab and students will print copies that can be reviewed by their parents/guardians and teachers. A final draft of the education plan with required signatures will become the registration document.
Here are some of the reasons we're handling our registration process this way:
- All Dobson students are required to have a written plan that ensures they are ready to graduate from high school and move on to college and/or career. This plan is called an Education and Career Action Plan or ECAP and it includes a four year education plan that aligns with students' college/career plans.
- Graduation requirements have increased for the class of 2013 and beyond.
- Many of our courses have shifted to year-long courses that cannot be changed at the semester.
To assit in this process we're posting a variety of resources on our web site:
- The letter to parents/guardians about the process
- The registration video
- A sample education plan for a typical student
- A listing for our core courses for conventional and advanced students
- A listing of all our electives by subject area - Fine Arts, Electives, PE, World Language, and Practical Arts (CTE)
- The 16 career clusters
- 2012-2013 Honors, AP, and DE Classes
We're also posting several sample education plans for students with unique situations
- Sample educational plan for EVIT
- Sample educational plan for AVID
- Sample educational plan for Early College
Here are some of our 8th grade registration materials: