Edison Chill Zone
Room 25 on campus- SEL Theme
Benefits of the Chill Zone
- Will teach self-regulation.
- Has the Essential Attitudes of Ethical and Resilient.
- Has the Essential Skills of Creative Thinker and Innovator and Critical Thinker and Problem Solver.
- Students will have many choices of which tool to choose to calm down (many manipulatives and other areas.)
- This will be a safe place for everyone.
- The goal is to get the students back to the green zone in a short period of time so they are focused and ready to learn and get back to class.
Edison Appreciation Video
Edison students and staff welcome.
COVID-19 shutdown resources and activities
Here are some sites and numbers that students and families can visit
during this time.
Calling available 24/7. Texting available 12pm-9pm on weekdays and 3pm-9pm on weekends.Peer counselors are still available from 3pm to 9pm every day.
602-248-8336 (TEEN) or 800-248-8336 (TEEN) http://teenlifeline.org/resources/#general
Crisis Text Line Text "START" or "HELLO" to 741741 https://www.crisistextline.org/
Suicide Prevention Resource Center 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) http://www.sprc.org/resources-programs
Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Crisis Intervention (480) 850-9230
Social-Emotional Learning Resources
2 weeks of social and emotional learning at home K-2 and 3-5
Storybots- Emotions and feelings
Julia Cook reads "The Yucky Bug"- great way of explaining what the virus is and how we can stay safe and healthy.