WEBEX Helps for staff
Somewhere in the creation of a webex meeting inside the Canvas course, Canvas is setting the setting that requires users to login to Webex. Until we figure out why Canvas is requiring this setting, the teacher can log in to webex.com themselves, edit their meeting settings, and remove the "require attendees to sign in" option. This change needs to be done before they start the meeting.
Meeting Logins- disable it
If you are experiencing issues where your students are being prompted to login and verify their identity, there is a setting inside the Webex meeting you can disable to prevent this. These steps need to be done in advance, prior to meeting/class starting. We are looking into disabling this setting district-wide for future meetings.
1. Log in to >sign-in>Webex Meetings
2. Select the meeting/class by selecting the meeting/class name. Do not click the green button to start the meeting.
3. Click on the edit icon to open the settings of the meeting.
4. Click on the Show advanced options drop down.
5. Click on the Scheduling Options drop down.
6. Uncheck the Require attendees to have an account on this site in order to join this meeting.
7. Save the meeting.
8. Students can now access the meeting through Canvas.
Here is a that walks through this process
Where to change the setting in Webex causing the students to have to log in. Video
Webex - Timeouts for Behavior
Running Updates- Matt
Lenovo System Update should already be installed on the computer. They can just open the Windows/Start Menu, type in 'System' and it should show up on the list. That program may need to update itself if it has been a while, you just have to hit Ok/Next/Yes/Confirm until it is updated. Have them install all Critical and Recommended updates. They will want to probably be plugged into power when doing this.
Webex- Changing Settings
To not show student faces...
Open Webex Cisco Meetings- enter your email
Preferences- bottom choice- content only
1) Closed it and tried again (I would guess that this is what you did)