Using the Internet: Browsers
A browser is a program on your computer that allows you to use the Internet.
Popular browsers include Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
Tip: You can use any browser that you want to, but some websites work better in a particular browser. If you ever have trouble using a website, try viewing it in a different browser.
Task: Watch the video, What Is A Browser?
Check for Understanding:
- Why is a browser the most important program on your computer?
- How is a browser different than a search engine?
- Click here to find out what browser you are using, install other browsers, & learn why it's important to keep your browser up to date.
- GCFLearnFree lesson: Browser Basics.
- Short review quiz Internet & Browsers provides immediate feedback on whether the answer is correct or incorrect, and why. No reports are available- this is for review only.