Avervision CP135 and CP155
Click on your issue to see troubleshooting information:
Still need help after troubleshooting?
Basic tip for any issue: Turn off the document camera and unplug it and disconnect all cables. Leave it unplugged overnight.
Plug it back in and reconnect cables. Sometimes it helps to leave it unplugged overnight.
If the document camera appears to need repair, you can call the manufacturer (Aver) at 1(877) 528-7824 to find out if your document camera is under warranty and also for additional troubleshooting assistance. If it is under warranty and needs repair, Aver might be able to take care of that. If it is out of warranty, your school can pay to repair it.
1. Make sure the on/off switch is set to “on.”
2. Check the TV/RGB switch on the left side of the camera. It should be on RGB.
3. Press Source Search on the projector.
4. From the computer, press function key and F8 at the same time until screen is displayed.
5. If you are presenting from a computer, press the Camera/PC button on the document camera.
6. Check all connections. Restart computer and then repeat steps, starting from #1.
7. Replace VGA cable and then repeat steps, starting from #1.
1. Press the Auto Image button on your unit's control panel.
2. Make sure there is sufficient lighting in the room or turn on the LED lamp on your document camera head.
3. Move the camera closer to the document.
4. Manually adjust the Brightness and Contrast levels in the camera's menu.
5. Reset your unit's display by pressing Menu, select Mode > Text. Return to Menu and select Default > Yes.
6. Unplug and plug back in after slowly counting to ten.
7. If you are in a dark environment, turn on "Night View" in your document camera's menu.
1. If your camera has Auto Focus, press the Auto Focus button on your unit's control panel.
2. If your camera has Manual Focus, adjust the focus ring located under the document camera's lens.
3. Check your projector's focus adjustment.
4. Reset your document camera to default by pressing Menu > Default > Yes > Enter.
5. Unplug and plug back in after slowly counting to ten.
1. Reset your camera's display mode, press Menu > Settings > Mode > High Frame > Enter. Then return to Menu, select Default > Yes.
2. Unplug and plug back in after slowly counting to ten.
1. Restart the computer.
2. Make sure your USB cable is connected.
3. Try a different USB port.
4. If using a Lenovo, disconnect the tablet from the keyboard and connect the USB cable directly to the tablet.
5. Try a different USB cable.
6. Make sure you have the Sphere software installed from the MPS Software Portal.
The Flash plugin with SMART Notebook software is not showing the document camera image:
(USB only, not VGA)
At this time, the Flash plugin is not working.
1. Make sure your USB cable is connected.
2. Try a different USB port.
3. Try a different USB cable.
4. If the Flash plugin screen looks solid black instead of showing the document camera image: Make sure that the Aver A+ software is not running.
5. If you keep getting prompted to the Internet Explorer Security Settings page to “allow” and “remember” but the setting is not being remembered: Open Internet Explorer. Select “Tools” and then “Internet Options.” Make sure that “Delete browsing history on exit” option is NOT checked. If it is checked, uncheck it.
1. Check the power cable. Make sure you are using the cable that came with the camera.
2. Try using a power cable from a document camera that is working properly. If that fixes the issue, you need to replace the power cable.