I have a SMART Board...now what?
Getting started with a SMART Board
- Install the SMART Notebook software on the computer that is connected to the board. The software is available here. Only use this free version- 11.4. If you update to a newer version, it will only work for 30 days and stop working after that time period.
- Turn the projector on and connect it to the computer.
- Connect the SmartBoard to the computer:
Connect the 15 foot usb cable from the bottom-right-hand-corner of the SmartBoard to a usb port on the computer. If using a Lenovo device, the strongest port is in the tablet, so you may have to detach the tablet from the keyboard if the usb port on the keyboard is not working. If your Lenovo device is connected to a docking station, use the 3rd usb port in the back.
- The SmartBoard will not work if the usb cord is connected to the keyboard, and the keyboard is detached from the tablet. It will work, however, if the SmartBoard is connected to just the tablet, or the tablet while connected to the keyboard.
- From the SmartBoard tray, press the two buttons in the front for two seconds, to orient the board. Press firmly in the center of each cross. This will insure accurate placement.
Now you are ready to...
- Engage your students in meaningful lessons from SMART Exchange.
- Download MPS SMART Notebook lessons.
- Call your school's Edtech trainer for group lessons.
- Clean the surface of the board with a soft cloth that has been dampened with water or white board cleaner.
- Get help with technical issues, such as the SMART Board ready light isn't green, or some of the pens don't seem to be working. Refer to the Troubleshooting page or contact us.
- Bring images from your document camera into SMART Notebook by reading this.