Troubleshooting SMART Board Issues
SMART Board Won't Work
- First, make sure the usb cord connecting the SMART Board (SB) to the usb port on your computer is connected.
- Also, make sure the software is installed on your computer. You can download SMART Notebook version 11** from the Software Center, or take the online SMART Learning Suite course for version 18, the latest version.
- If the SB light is red, or blinking green, follow these instructions.
- If you've oriented the SB and your writing is all over the place, skipping, or crooked, try updating the firmware.
** SMART Notebook 11 is no longer supported by SmartTechnologies, so we are limited in what we can do for troubleshooting.
Pens Aren't Working
Problem 1: You pick up the pen from the tray and the sensor light on the tray does not go on
Reason: The sensor in that slot of the tray is bad.
Solutions: Choose a pen from a slot that works- the light goes on when you pick it up. OR Call the Edtech trainer for your school to see if there are other options.
Problem 2: The sensor light from the pen tray lights up but when you try to write, a dotted rectangle appears.
Reason: SMART Ink is not working.
Solution: Activate SMART Ink-
- Click the Windows icon on your desktop
- Click the Smart Technologies drop-down arrow from the list of programs.
- Right-Click SMART Ink.
- Choose Pin to taskbar.
- Go back to the desktop.
- Click the SMART ink icon and see if the pen works.
- Repeat Step 6 until you see the SMART ink icon tab appear in the upper-right corner of the document.