Mr. Norm Peckham
Educational Technology Trainer
Hello, and welcome to my Mesa Public Schools web page. I am a native of Tucson, Arizona where I attended the University of Arizona (Go Cats!). I received my Bachelor's Degree in Journalism in 1995 and was a newspaper reporter in Tucson for five years before I went back to UA where I received my teaching certification in 2001. Prior to joining MPS in 2003, I worked at a middle school in Tucson's Sunnyside Unified School District for two years as a social studies and English language arts teacher. I earned a Master's Degree in Education from Ottawa University in 2008 and earned a second master's degree, this one in Educational Technology from Boise State University in 2016. As part of my graduate studies at Boise State, I also earned a graduate certificate in technology integration.
Before joining the Educational Technology Department at MPS in 2013, I taught 7th grade social studies at Carson Junior High. I thoroughly enjoyed infusing my lessons with technology, as it motivated many of my students to learn the content. I used an iPad and a PC to make several videos for my classes at Carson, and have continued to make educational videos. You can take a look at some of them here. I get a charge out of learning about new technology and enjoy helping MPS teachers integrate that technology into their curriculum and instruction.
Current District Projects
- Multimedia Best Practices (TEC 1187)
- Graphic Design for Learning (TEC 1224)
- Getting Started with Screencasting (TEC 1204)
- YouTube: YouTube in the Classroom (TEC 1158)
- YouTube: Creator Studio (TEC 1265)
- OneNote: An Introduction (TEC 1169)
- Google Slides: Switching It Up (TEC 1270)
- Ideas for Integrating Technology in the Social Studies Classroom (TEC 1280)
- PBL 1: What is PBL? (TEC 1207)
- PBL 2: Choosing Your Project and the Driving Question (TEC 1208)
- PBL 3: Assessments, Evaluation and Completion (TEC 1209)