Parental involvement in the Title I Migrant Child Education Program is encouraged in order to provide the basis for meeting the needs of the entire migrant family. This involvement is necessary to effectively meet the needs of the migrant family as well as the migrant child.
Mesa Public Schools believes in parental involvement because:
- Parents, in most cases, know more about their children than anyone else.
- Children need to acquire, at home, knowledge and skills early in life.
- Involved parents motivate children.
- Parents can be "teachers in the home".
- Parent-volunteers can free the classroom teachers for planning and instructional
- Parents help increase public understanding and support for school projects and
- Involved, understanding and supportive parents result in children with positive