Placing Talented Students
Consideration for possible placement begins with any student scoring between the 90th-96th percentile on the CogAt screening. The Gifted and Talented TEAM reviews take place on individual school campuses by examining multiple indicators. The TEAM may use any of the following pieces of evidence to identify students as "talented."
- Teacher Reflection:
- Coursework challenge rating of 4 or 5 = problem solving, reasoning ability, creative strengths.
- Documented Enrichment need = common formative data at 90% or higher
- Academic Expectations:
- Final Grade Report of A's and Bʼs for requested subject placement
- Benchmark or 6th grade exit test data at 90% or higher
- Meets or Exceeds AIMS Assessments
- Service Project leader solving real life issues
- Student Council Officer or representative
- Peer Mediator or other school/classroom lead positions
- Remarkably high success levels in performing arts, visual arts or music
- Projects that show application of the arts in communicating concepts learned in the curriculum
* Profiles will automatically be created from our data warehouse and teacher records.