Ms. Julia E. Wood
English Department Chair
Best Times to Reach Me:
Tutoring or student help hours: Monday through Friday lunch, advisory or after school from 3-3:30.
Any day during advisory or lunchtime students are welcome to come to my room for extra help or questions. I am also available during my 6th hour prep time in my classroom.
I am focused on the success of each of my students and welcome your contact at any time that is convenient for you. Please feel free to contact me by email, telephone or in person. Our school welcomes the support of its community. It takes a community to raise a child.
I grew up on Ohio attending one of the top rated high schools in America. I learned German and Latin at an early age and traveled to Europe often with my mother who is German. She instilled in me that education is constant and most important in life. I worked my way through college without support and have earned my own way in the world since I was sixteen. I worked in the resort industry in food and beverage for ten years before I began my journey as an educator. I have been a teacher since 1996.
It is exciting to be a part of East Valley Academy, and I am honored to work with each student through this academic school year. I also teach English classes, mostly online, for Maricopa Community College District (Phoenix College and Gateway).
- B.A. English/German: University of Arizona
- M.Ed. Educational Leadership: Northern Arizona University
- Wilson Charter High School: English 9 - 11 instructor
- Buckeye Elementary: 7th and 8th grade English instructor
- Coronado High School: English and Latin instructor
- Maricopa Community Colleges: online and direct instructor for English 102, 101, 091, and 081.
- Latin and English private tutor