Frequently Asked Questions 

Contact Numbers for School Cafeteria  

  • Q: Where can I find my students school cafeteria telephone number?

A: Click on the following link to view your school cafeterias' phone number. 

                Telephone   School Cafeteria Telephone List

Food Allergies

  • Q: Where can I get information regarding my students food allergies?

A: See the Nutrition tab on the top menu bar, or click on the following link to take you to the food allergy page:

Meal Assistance Applications

  •  Q: Where can I obtain a meal application?

 A: Before school starts you are mailed a Registration Packet which will include a meal application.  You can complete the Online Application (available in July 2012) , you may obtain a meal application in the school office, from your school cafeteria or the Food & Nutrition Office by calling (480) 472- 0900.

  •  Q:  Do I need to submit a meal application for each of my children?

A: No, you only need to submit one application per household.

  • Q: If I have a change in my household income do I need to submit a new meal application?  
  •  A:  No you do not need to submit a new application.
  • Q: If my child submitted an application at the beginning of the school year and moves out of the Mesa School District and returns to the Mesa School District later that school year do I need to submit a new application?

A: No, your application is good for the entire school year. 

  • Q:Where do I take the meal application when it is completed?

A: Send the completed meal application to your child's school cafeteria.

  • Q: What information do I need to set up a account for my student? 

 A: You will need your students school identification number,school name, and date of birth to set up a account. 

  •  Q: My student's meal account is not reflecting the payment I made through with my debit/credit card.

A: Call at #1-800-479-3531 and follow their instructions to get your payment credited to your students account.

  •  Q: My debit/credit card was set up to have an automatic withdrawal once my students meal account balance was low through  My debit/credit card is automatically being charged  due to this and I no longer want to put the money on my students account when there is a low balance. What do I do?

A: Go to your account and remove the check mark on the automatic prepayment option.  

  • Q: My student has transferred to another Mesa Public School. How do I continue to make payments on my students meal account through

A: Close the current account you have for your student and open a new one for your child using their new schools name. You can also call at #1-800-479-3531 for assistance.  

  • Q: My students account history is not reflecting all of the purchases my students school is reflecting. What do I do?

A: Please call at #1-800-479-3531 and speak with the first representative. They will work with you to reflect all proper charges on your account.

Account Refunds and Transfers

  • Q: If my child is moving to a different Mesa Public School  do I need to get a refund from my child's account? 

A: If your child is staying in the Mesa Public School District the money will be transferred to the new Mesa School.  

  • Q: If my child moves out of the Mesa Public School District what happens to the balance on my students account?

A: You will need to request a refund from your students school or call the main Food & Nutrition office at (480) 472-0900 to speak with a financial liaison.  

  • Q: What happens to the money on my child's account at the end of the school year?

A: The money on your child's account automatically is transferred to the new Mesa Public School over the summer.

Q: What is the time frame that I can request a refund for my student's account?
A: Please submit all requests for refunds within 3 years from which the student had an active account with the Food and Nutrition Department.  Any request made outside of the 3 year time period cannot be considered for a refund.