When you mix good nutrition with healthy excerise, you have a winning recipe for a healthy lifestyle.
- Strive for five fruits and vegetables per day.
- Watch portion sizes. Avoid the supersize!
- Avoid fats and sugars. Try lowfat milk, yogurt & cheese.
- Serve healthy snacks like carrots, strawberries and apples.
- It is recommended that school aged children should engage in moderate excerise for 60 minutes at least 5 days per week.
Physically fit children sleep better and are more well equipped to handle both physical and emotional challenges that they face each day. Additionally, children who are well nourished have improved concentration, elevated test scores, better school attendance and fewer behavioral issues in the classroom.