2019-2020 Innovation Application Guidelines
Mesa Public Schools Foundation sponsors the Minigrant Program in Mesa Public Schools to fund projects that regular school budgets can’t accommodate. It’s our goal to support MPS employees who create innovative projects that complement the curriculum and enhance student achievement.
Who May Apply
Any MPS employee or student group (with a teacher-sponsor) in MPS.
- The project must directly benefit student achievement.
- Community involvement is welcomed.
- Grants do not fund wages or supplement salaries
- Grants are to supplement, not replace, state or local school funds.
- Travel or conference expenditures will not be funded.
- Grant proposals must have the support of the school principal or department director.
- Selection is made by the foundation’s Grant Committee, which comprises community volunteers.
- All funds must be used by June 30, 2020.
- Need or problem statement
Describe what unmet need your students have or what problem exists.
- Goals and objectives of the project
How will this project meet the need or solve the problem described? How will this project affect student achievement and learning?
- Project description
What methods and activities will you use?
- Expected results and evaluation
What results do you expect this project to have for students?
- Project budget
Provide a detailed itemized list of project purchases and expenses. Include all tax and shipping charges in the total amount of the grant money requested. If you use an out-of-state vendor that does not charge tax, add 6.6 percent for Arizona use tax on all merchandise, including books. The use tax is collected and sent to the state of Arizona when the invoice is paid. If the project exceeds $1,500, include the source(s) of the remaining funds. All granted funds must be used by June 30, 2020.
- Project completion
Each approved grant requires an expense list and copies of receipts, by June 30, 2020. Include a brief summary on any project highlights and results you wish to share. Send this information in school mail to Mesa Public Schools Foundation, Student Services Center.