Share your views on technology and learning...
Franklin Jr. High named Civic Engagement School of Distinction
Students meet Senator John McCain in Washington DC
Welcome to Franklin Junior High
Geography Bee - November 30th
Ten students will compete against each other to be named the Franklin Junior High Geography Bee Champion on Thursday, November 30th at 7:45am in the auditorium.
Spelling Bee - December 7th
7th and 8th grade students will compete to spell words like culinary, reverberant, and subtlety to be named the Franklin Junior High Spelling Bee Champion on Thursday, December 7th at 7:45am in the auditorium.
Band/Orchestra/Choir - December 21st
The Franklin Junior High Band, Orchestra, and Choir students will be performing at the school assembly at 7:45am and at an evening concert at 7:00pm in the auditorium on Thursday, December 21st.
The philosophy of Benjamin Franklin School is to emphasize the teaching of basic skills and information. Its purposes are to:
- train the intellect
- teach skills
- instill a sense of pride in and respect for self, others, and country
- equip students with the necessary skills to become decision makers and problem solvers
- prepare students for the world outside by challenging them to compete for achievement of standards in the classroom
- develop an atmosphere of tolerance and acceptance of all students regardless of physical appearance and culture
- coordinate home and school effort in providing a solid education foundation for students