Mrs. Lydia Carrillo
Email: Click Here
Phone: 1 (480) 472-2612
Hello! My name is Lydia Carrillo. I have the privilege of serving Franklin at Brimhall and Franklin Junior High as their school counselor. I have over 10 years of experience in education and working with families in need!
I attended and graduated from San Diego State University, where I obtained a bachelor degree in Sociology with a minor in Social Work. I furthered my education and graduated with a master of science in Educational Counseling from National University in San Diego, California.
- Class Room Lessons
- Liaison for parent/teacher/student conferences
- Help students individually with academic advisement and planning
- Meet with students one-on-one regarding personal, social, and/or family issue
- Conference with parents about concerns they have with their child
- Help teachers with ideas for student success in school
- Assist in proper course selection
- Facilitate high school registration
- Peer mediation when conflicts arise
- Identify resources for support
- Inform students about programs and opportunities within Mesa Public Schools as well as outside organizations