Title 1 Parent Involvement Policy 2018-2019
Fremont Junior High understands the importance and the value of parental involvement in supporting academic achievement and student success in school. We will provide the following to all parents:
· We will schedule a meeting for all parents within the first semester of school to explain the Title 1 Program and our goals for the year.
· We will communicate regularly with parents regarding individual student progress.
· We will have parents serve on both the SIAC/Title 1 committees in order to plan and improve our program.
· We will send the Title 1 newsletter home when it is available and information regarding Parent University opportunities.
· We will provide opportunities for input from all parents for improving our program.
· We will have parent representation on our School Improvement Advisory Council (SIAC).
· We will set as a SIAC agenda item the explanation of our Title 1 Plan.
· We will provide opportunities to meet with our principal monthly during our Coffee with the Principal meetings.
· We will have an open Parent Resource Room to assist parents.
The National Standards were used to guide our planning.
· Standard 1 : Communication
Teachers will send home regular student progress reports, notification of upcoming Open Houses, Title 1 newsletters, and Parent University offerings. The Falcon’s Nest, Fremont’s parent newsletter will be sent home monthly. A district Quality Service Survey will go out to all parents and will be tabulated by the district. At Open Houses, teachers will provide course information sheets to all parents. Our Fremont webpage is available for internet users.
· Standard 2 : Parenting
Parenting classes are offered through Mesa Public School’s Parent University. We hold many opportunities throughout the year involving counselors, parents, students and teachers where suggestions are offered for improving performance. We offer various evening activities for parents and families including Common Core Education and 6th grade orientation.
· Standard 3 : Student Learning
Teachers will facilitate evening events that highlight student leaning and promote parent involvement. Student organizations and clubs provide additional avenues for students to learn and grow. Sports and other extra-curricular activities provide additional opportunities for student involvement.
· Standard 4 : Volunteering
Opportunities for parents to volunteer are made available through our Family Support Specialist. Parents elected to SIAC/Title 1 Committees offer input to the administration on a regular basis. Parents are also notified and encouraged to attend our PTO meetings and functions.
· Standard 5 : School Decision Making and Advocacy
School staff will foster strong relationships with parents and encourage decision making through SIAC/Title 1 committee. Staffing’s through the Counseling office provide opportunities for decision making.
· Standard 6 : Collaborating with the Community
Community resources will be updated regularly on school website for parents. Community members will be invited to attend Title 1 and SIAC meetings. Relationships between families and community members will be fostered through Family Support Specialist and other staff members. Partnerships will be formed with local businesses, and students will participate in community activities such as Relay for Life.