Syllabus - Weight Training
Office Hours: 8:00am-8:30am Appointment Only
Class Goals and Objectives
To develop a better understanding of physical fitness through strength, plyometrics, and cardiovascular training.
Daily Minimal Expectations = 40%
Fitness/Test = 40%
Notebook/Assignments = 20%
Total = 100%
A = 90% or above
B= 80% to 89%
C= 70% - 79%
D = 60% - 69%
F = Below 59%
****Each student needs a pocket folder daily for weight training.
MAKE-UP WORK WHEN ABSENT
Any student who has a parent excuse will be allowed to make up their daily pts. By completing an alternate activity for each day absent...
1. Mile run
2. Article report using Physical Education format
Make up work is the responsibility of the student and must be arranged with the student’s individual teacher.
A portion of each student’s grade is based on physical fitness. A cardiovascular day will take place once a week consisting of a mile run. We will have 6 standards of physical fitness that we will incorporate into our daily routine:
1. Curl - Ups: Abdominal Strength
2. Trunk Extensor: Strength and Flexibility
3. Push Ups: Upper Body Strength
4. Sit & Reach: Flexibility
5. Mile Run: Aerobic Capacity
6. Body Mass Index: Body Composition
. Students will also take a four paper/pencil tests throughout the semester:
1. Major muscles of the body
2. Identify given weight machines and equipment
3. Identify muscles to machines and exercises/skills test
4. Skills test
Relating to knowledge and/or skills of the prior activity that has been taught
DAILY MINIMAL EXPECTATIONS
Regular and Punctual
DRESS FOR ACTIVITY - ( Daily and Fully Dressed )
1. Fremont P.E. uniform or athletic shorts and a white or gray t-shirt with sleeves are required. Student’s last name should be visibly printed on shirt and shorts. Tank tops, torn/cut shorts are not acceptable.
2. Athletic socks
3. Tennis shoes only
4. Students forgetting their P.E. clothes may check out a P.E. uniform for that day. Students
will only get one opportunity per semester to check out a uniform.
5. If the student is unable to afford P.E. attire, that student should see their coach in confidentiality ASAP.
For the sake of good personal hygiene it is required that the shorts, t-shirt, and underwear only be worn during their assigned P.E. class and washed weekly. It is recommended that a shower be taken after every day’s activity.
Students will need to provide their own towel.
Students will participate, safely, cooperatively, and to the best of personal ability. Students will need to bring a note (please include phone number) from home when they are to be excused from activity for medical reason.
Excuses for less than 2 days bring note to coach
Excuses for more than 2 days take note to the nurse and then to coach
Excuses for 5 days or more needs a doctor excuse to be taken to the nurse
and then to coach Weinberg
Students who are unable to participate due to a medical condition are still required to dress out and perform an alternate activity.
2. Fitness activities Ex. Push ups, Sit ups, Squats
3. Article report using Physical Education format
STRIVE TO IMPROVE
1) Physical fitness, 2) ability in specific activity of the day, 3) knowledge, and
ADHERE TO SCHOOL & CLASSROOM RULES, REGULATIONS, & ROUTINES
1. Follow direction - obey all school rules
2. Be to class on time, ready to participate
3. Keep hands, feet and objects to self
4. Respect all equipment and others( students and teachers)
5. Absolutely no food/gum or soda inside of the locker room
6. Proper dress for activity required - see dress for activity
- I-pods and cell phones must not be visible inside of the locker room.
- Items will be confiscated. Parents will be required to pick up item in
NON DRESS & BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS:
1. Warning and logical consequence
2. Parent contact and logical consequence
3. Parent contacted - Detention
4. Parent Contact - Referral
**** Please check grades weekly on the Portal
LOCKS AND LOCKERS
1. Each student is assigned their own lock and locker. The student is responsible
for both of these items and any personal contents. Keep your combination a
secret. Loss of the lock requires replacement by the student, student needs
to pay the bookstore a fee of $4.00and bring the receipt to your coach. Only
school issued locks will be permitted.
2. Students are responsible for their own belongings. Label your P.E. clothing
and keep all belongings locked . Be sure to check that your lock is secured
after you dress out and when you leave at the end of class
3. Do not bring valuables to school!!!
4. Lockers remain the property of the school. School officials have the right to
open and inspect them when circumstances arrive.
PARENT - STUDENT INFORMATION SHEET
RETURN TO YOUR WEIGHT TRAINING TEACHER
Class Hour____________ Teacher_________________________________________
Parent / Guardian Name__________________________________________________
Student and Parent Awareness of Policy:
We have been made aware of the Weight Training policies on classroom expectations, locker room regulations, and dressing out.
Signature of Student_____________________________________________________
Signature of Parent Guardian_____________________________________________
Health Clearance For Activity ( to be filled in by parents)
If there is a health concern, please indicate how activity should be limited.
___ my son has no present problems that would limit participation
___ my son has the following health concern(s) that may limit participation
RETURN TO YOUR WEIGHT TRAING TEACHER