Coach Weinberg Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fremont Junior High School
Physical Education Philosophy
The philosophy of Fremont Junior High School Physical Education is to promote, through a wide range of educational experiences, a positive learning environment where students can progress physically and mentally while obtaining social values, sports skills and sports knowledge. In addition, physical awareness and habits, life-time sports/recreation and activity appreciation are promoted.
To achieve this growth, a working relationship exists among the faculty, students, and community in fostering a shared sense of cooperation and responsibility in every area of learning.
This philosophy is supported by a collective commitment to:
To develop each student to an acceptable level of physical fitness in order to meet his/her need in maintaining good health and participation in daily and recreation activity. Teach students the component qualities of proper physical fitness. Set achievement standards and test each individual’s level and achievement. Encourage and motivate to continue in a personal program.
To teach and develop in each student, through participation in a variety
of regulated team and individual sports and activities, values and habits
which will enable him/her to perform his/her responsibilities in society
through sportsmanship and leadership.
DAILY MINIMAL EXPECTATIONS
Regular and Punctual
DRESS FOR ACTIVITY - ( Daily and Fully Dressed )
1. Fremont P.E. uniform or athletic shorts and a white or gray t-shirt
with sleeves. Students last name should be visibly printed on shirt and shorts. Tank tops, torn/cut shorts are not acceptable.
2. Athletic socks
3. Tennis shoes only ( except for swimming unit )
4. If the student is unable to afford P.E. attire, that student should see their coach in confidentiality ASAP.
* Students need a pocket folder with a binder daily for class
For the sake of good personal hygiene it is required that the shorts, t-shirt, and underwear only be worn during their assigned P.E. class and washed weekly. It is recommended that a shower be taken after every day’s activity. Students will need to provide their own towel.
* No Spray deodorant
Fully, safely, cooperatively, and to the best of personal ability. Students will need to bring a note (please include phone number) from home when they are to be excused from activity for medical reason.
Excuses for less than 2 days bring note to coach
Excuses for more than 2 days take note to the nurse and then to coach
Excuses for 5 days or more needs a doctor excuse to be taken to the
nurse and to your coach
Students who are unable to participate due to a medical condition are still required to dress out and perform an alternate activity.
2. Fitness activities Ex. Push ups, Sit ups, Squats
3. Article report using Physical Education format
STRIVE TO IMPROVE
1) Physical fitness , 2) ability in specific activity of the day,
3) knowledge, and 4) socially
ADHERE TO SCHOOL & CLASSROOM RULES, REGULATIONS, & ROUTINES
1. Follow direction - obey all school rules
2. Be to class on time, ready to participate
3. Keep hands, feet and objects to self
4. Respect all equipment and others( students and teachers)
5. Absolutely no food/gum or soda inside of the locker room
6. Proper dress for activity required - see dress for activity
- I-pods and cell phones must not be visible inside of the locker room.
- Items will be confiscated. Parents will be required to pick up item in
NON DRESS & BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS:
1. Warning and logical consequence
2. Parent contact and logical consequence
3. Parent contacted - Detention
4. Parent Contact - Referral
MAKE-UP WORK WHEN ABSENT
Any student who has a parent excuse will be allowed to make up their daily pts. by completing an alternate activity for each day absent..
1. Mile run
2. Article report using Physical Education format
Make up work is the responsibility of the student and must be arranged with the student’s individual teacher.
LOCKS AND LOCKERS
1. Each student is assigned their own lock and locker. The student is
responsible for both of these items and any personal contents.
Keep your combination a secret. Loss of the lock requires replacement by the student, the student needs to pay the bookstore a fee of $4.00 and bring the receipt to Coach Weinberg. Only school issued locks will be permitted.
2. Students are responsible for their own belongings. Label your P.E. clothing and keep all belongings locked . Be sure to check that your lock is secured after you dress out and when you leave at the end of class
3. Do not bring valuables to school!!!
4. Lockers remain the property of the school. School officials have the right to open and inspect them when circumstances arrive.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION EVALUATION
See daily minimal expectations
Daily Minimal Expectations 50%
A = 90% and above,
B = 80% - 89%
C = 70% - 79%
D = 60% - 69%
F = Below 59%
DAILY MINIMAL EXPECTATIONS:
Includes all daily minimal expectations
A portion of each student’s grade is based on physical fitness. A cardiovascular day will take place once a week consisting of a mile run. We will have 6 standards of physical fitness that we will incorporate into our daily routine:
1. Curl - Ups: Abdominal Strength
2. Trunk Extensor: Strength and Flexibility
3. Push Ups: Upper Body Strength
4. Sit & Reach: Flexibility
5. Mile Run: Aerobic Capacity
6. Body Mass Index: Body Composition
Relating to knowledge and/or skills of the prior activity that has been taught
Students will be graded upon having and completing their planner as assigned by their teacher. Boys’ need their planner in class on Mondays.
READING and WRITING ASSIGNMENTS
Students will be required to read an article relating to physical education and then be able to answer the given questions using proper technique.
Physical Fitness, swimming, basketball, lacrosse, softball, track & field, football, speedball, volley - tennis, hockey, and ultimate Frisbee.
Coach Weinberg Phone# 472-8321 Email: email@example.com
Office Hourse: 8:30am-8:45am by appoitnment
FOR EVERY STUDENT TO ACHIEVE OPTIMUM SUCCESS, THEY MUST DRESS OUT, PARTICIPATE, COMPLETE THEIR PLANNER, AND WORK TOGETHER. WE LOOK FORWARD TO A VERY PRODUCTIVE AND EXCITING YEAR
PARENT - STUDENT INFORMATION SHEET
RETURN TO YOU P.E. TEACHER
Class Hour____________ Teacher_________________________________________
Parent / Guardian Name__________________________________________________
Student and Parent Awareness of Policy:
We have been made aware of the P.E. Department policies on classroom expectations, locker room regulations, and dressing out.
Signature of Student_____________________________________________________
Signature of Parent Guardian_____________________________________________
Health Clearance For Activity ( to be filled in by parents)
If there is a health concern, please indicate how activity should be limited.
___ my son has no present problems that would limit participation
___ my son has the following health concern(s) that may limit participation
RETURN TO YOUR P.E. TEACHER