Lenovo Q & A
Question: If the teacher is transferring to another school, do they leave the laptop with the school?
Answer: No. The teacher's Lenovo Helix is assigned to the individual teacher and not the site. The Lenovo Helix is to remain assigned and with the teacher as long as they are an employee of MPS.
Question: Does the teacher take the docking station with them if they are transferring to another school?
Answer: No. The docking station is to remain in the existing classroom along with the keyboard, mouse and monitor.
Question: Will teachers need to turn in their Lenovo Helix for the summer?
Answer: No. Teachers are encouraged to use them throughout the summer.
Question: Can a teacher schedule an appointment with I.S. to have their Lenovo Helix updated before, during or when they return from their summer break?
Answer: Yes. Please submit an online help desk request at http://help.mpsaz.org to have a tech re-image/update the Lenovo Helix.
Question: If a teacher resigns or no longer is an MPS employee, what do they need to hand into the school as part of their departure checkout procedures?
Answer: Schools need to make sure that teachers who are no longer employed or not returning to MPS turn in their Lenovo Helix along with their stylus and the power cable that was given to them during the handout.
Questipn: What does the school do if a teacher that has resigned or no longer is an employee of MPS turns in a damaged or broken Lenovo Helix?
Answer: Schools should accept the device along with the power cord as they would any other device. I.S. will make every effort to repair the device.
Question: What does the school do with the Lenovo Helix ThinkPads that they have collected from teachers departing MPS?
Answer: Submit an online help desk work order to have I.S. pickup or call the help desk.
Question: How does a new hire or a long-term sub receive a Lenovo Helix?
- New-Hire - Schools should submit an online HelpDesk work order to have I.S. issue a device or call the HelpDesk at Extension 2-0044 Option 1.
- Long-Term Sub
- A work order for a "Device Transfer" must be submitted to the Information Systems Help Desk (x2-0044 option 1 or email@example.com) at least one week in advance of the intended date of transfer.
- An IS technician will arrive on campus to assess and document the current condition of the device and to complete the necessary transfer paperwork.
- Possession of the device will then be transferred to long-term substitute, at which time the teacher will no longer be held liable for the device.
- When the teacher is scheduled to return to work, the above process will have to be repeated in order to return possession of the device to the teacher