The purpose of Title I-Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) (signed into law on December 10, 2015, replacing No Child Left Behind) is to “provide all children significant opportunity to receive a fair, equitable, and high-quality education, and to close educational achievement gaps”.
Irving Elementary receives additional supplemental funds through a Title 1 grant from the federal government to provide extra supplementary services for all our students. Your children will benefit directly of indirectly from this extra help. Funds can be used to:
· Hire instructional personnel to assist teachers within the classrooms
· Provide training for staff and teachers
· Provide additional instructional materials and technology
· Ensure high-quality Schoolwide Programs
· Increase parent involvement participation
We are pleased to have these funds to provide high quality instruction for all children.
Click here for our Integrated Action Plan
Click here for our Parent Involvement Policy (English/Spanish)
Click here for our Parent Compact (English)
Click here for our Parent Compact (Spanish)
Click here for our What's Title 1? Newsletter Article
Click here for our Parents Right to Know Newsletter Article