Birth Certificates

A certified birth certificate is needed to enroll your child in Mesa Public Schools.

To obtain a copy of your child's certified birth certificate, contact the state in which your child was born.


Arizona Department of Health Services - Office of Vital Records 
Arizona birth certificate information  
Fee Schedule for Maricopa County

Other U.S. States and Territories

Contact information for other states



Arizona law requires documentary proof of immunity against certain childhood diseases for students entering Arizona schools for the first time. With some exceptions, students subject to this requirement who lack documentary proof may enroll but not attend school until proof is provided. If your child falls into this category, more detailed information is available at the school.

Immunization requirements and free clinics
are listed on the Health Services Web page. Call the Maricopa County Health Department's hot line at (602) 263-8856 for other sites and times. Immunizations are also available from family physicians and pediatricians.


Proof of residence

To show the child's home address, parents may provide one of the following: rent receipt, utility bill, motor vehicle registration, housing contract, lease agreement, state income tax return, bank account, paycheck, employer letter on letterhead.