Montessori 2nd-3rd Grade
Mrs. Goodman works with students during a small group math lesson.
Green Apple Project
Johnson is mentioned 25 minutes into the podcast
Director of the Center for Green Schools
Montessori at Family Math Night
Mrs. Rogers helps students use Montessori math materials at Family Math Night.
About us... Johnson's Montessori program opened in August 2002 (it was formerly located at Wilson Elementary). We currently have 4 classrooms, offering Kindergarten through sixth grade.
Why choose Johnson Montessori?
Montessori education in a public school setting
- Experienced, well-credentialed teachers
- Low student-to-teacher ratio
- Work is individualized to each student
- Instructional Aide in every classroom
- Outdoor environment
- Curriculum focuses on Montessori philosophy, Arizona State and MPS Standards while encompassing the whole child's needs
- Student's individual interests incorporated into schoolwork
- Focus on understanding concepts through use of manipulatives
- "School within a school" concept allows students access to many extracurricular programs, while maintaining a "small school" atmosphere.
Note: During the school day, teachers' phones are automatically transferred to voicemail. If you need to get a message to your child during the school day, please call the Johnson office at 480.472.6800 and a message will be delivered to your child. Messages left on teachers' phones during the school day may not be retrieved until the school day is over.