- It is recommended that students do up to thirty minutes every evening.
- Spelling Words
- Math Fact Fluency
- Reading Fluency and Comprehension
- All academic areas are graded based on tests, work samples, and teacher observation.
- Addition and subtraction facts are graded using a 4 minute timing of 60 problems with 80% or better as passing.
- Effort grades are based on teacher observation.
DOT Binders and Curriculum Night
- Literary Stories
- Informational Text
- Extended Activities
- Breath, Blood, and Guts
- Weather Watchers
- Solid, Liquids, and Gas
- Life Cycles
- Timed addition and subtraction facts
- Problem solving
- Place value
- Odd and even
- Logical reasoning
- Skip counting
- 1, 2, and 3 digit addition and subtraction with and without regrouping
- Measurement (standard and metric)
- Warning is given.
- If problems continue the student is given a logical consequence.
- If there is a serious concern or a behavior that continues we will contact you.