Fourth Grade Dual Language Learning Expectations
Follow multistep directions and provide support for peers using Spanish.
- Present information as is learned and provide support for ideas and opinions.
- Ask questions related to content using complete sentences and correct grammar
- Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 4 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- Context clues.
- Add to knowledge of cognates
- Writing genres and respond to lit
- Use of thinking maps across content area
- Use of Thinking Maps to study narrative elements
- Cause and effect
- Compare and contrast
- Use of text features,
- Grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words
- All letter sounds, correspondences, syllabication patterns, and morphology (e.g.,
roots and affixes)
- Read accurately unfamiliar multisyllabic
- Words in context and out of context