Hours/Days of Registration: 8:30 am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday
Students who are new to Mesa Public Schools (MPS), or have been attending schools outside of MPS for two or more years, will need to provide the following documents at the time of registration:
- Parent/Guardian must accompany student at the time of registration.
- Proof of Residency-Rental/New Home contract, Motor Vehicle Registration, Utility or Telephone bill reflecting the PARENT/GUARDIAN name at that address. If parent/guardian is staying with another family member/friend, a notarized Proof of Residency form will also be needed for registration to be completed.
- Original Birth Certificate (we will make a copy for our records)
- CURRENT immunization records -On site nursing staff will review and approve for state compliance
- Withdrawal Form/Final Report Card from previously attended school
- AIMS/IOWA/Stanford test sores from previously attended schools. If unavailable, student MAY need to be tested in Reading fro assistance in course placement. Testing occurs between the hours of 9 am - 2 pm Monday-Friday.
- Current IEP for students who are enrolled in special education programs.
- Legal documents regarding: custody, guardianship, restraining orders, or orders of protection. A copy will be kept in students file AT ALL TIMES.
- Completed Registration Packet available in the Kino Office.
Question: Who is this for?
Answer: High School registration is for students that pass the 8th grade and are going to high school at either Westwood, Mesa High School or other high school.
Question: When will this occur?
Answer: Registration occurs usually in late January and students are given a lesson on registration for course selections and requirements, they receive a course catalog, a College & Career Toolkit, and the second part of registration is completed in the computer labs where students select courses in their MyMPS portal.