Working at Kino Junior High School
If you are interested in a teaching positions, you must submit an application in order to be considered for an interview.
- Special Education Instructional Assistants
If you would like to apply, click here to be directed to the Mesa Public Schools district application.
Why work at Kino?
- Support. All new teachers received a district professional development specialist to visit their classroom and provide feedback on instruction. All new teachers to the school receive a site-based mentor.
- PD. Title funds used to promote support in instruction. We have more funds to support our teachers than other junior high schools. We use them for training, like DOK (depth of knowledge), John Strebe (blended learning practices), Wendy Peterson (writing across the curriculum), and AVID WICOR strategies.
- Technology. As a highly innovative campus, we capitalize on resources. All math, ELA, and science classrooms have laptop carts. Traveling labs are available for other classrooms. Three dedicated labs are available for classrooms.
- Community. The Kino staff is a team, a family, a group of skilled and respectful adults. We celebrate and support each other in our noble profession.
-Loan Forgiveness. Working at a Title school for 5 years qualifies you for a reduction in your student loans. Click here for more information!
Points of Pride for 15-16
2015 School of Merit for Civic Engagement
2016 Bronze PBISaz Achievement Award (Positive Behavior Intervention & Supports)
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) since 2002
AVID Highly Certified School
MESA Program partnership with Mesa Police Department
Rated with high satisfaction by parents and students
Hundreds of hours of participation in professional development by our dedicated staff (classified and certified)