Mrs. Libby Micela
Email: Click Here
During school closure Counseling Corner student videos, info, and news from Mrs. Micela can be found at https://padlet.com/lamicela1/c3c3sb4x5uam6rnw
Hello! My name is Libby Micela and I am your Las Sendas School Counselor! I am a native of Arizona and currently reside in Las Sendas with my husband Joe and my two sons Antonino and Gabriel. I attended Arizona State University where I received my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education (K-8) and Ottawa University where I received my Master's Degree in School Guidance Counseling (K-12). I hold full state certifications in both. I also hold the following endorsements: Early Childhood, Reading Specialist, and SEI.
This will be my 9th year within Elementary Education and my 2nd year at Las Sendas Elementary. I have taught Kindergarten, 2nd grade, and Reading Intervention for grades K-5. I am so very excited to be here! I absolutely love counseling, teaching, learning and growing...its amazing to see the growth in each child every year!
I am looking forward to an exciting and productive year working with students K-6 through classroom guidance lessons, small group counseling, and individual counseling. Students can benefit from school counseling in the areas of academic, social, and emotional well being. I also collaborate with school staff and parents in order to best meet the needs of each student.
Please feel free to call, email, or stop by! I am happy to assist in any way that I can. It takes a village to raise a child and I am so very happy to support our students on their educational journey!
My role as a School Counselor is to:
* Serve as a student advocate.
* Work with ALL students to encourage a safe school climate of trust and respect.
* Present guidance lessons to classrooms on responsibility, cooperation, friendship building, conflict resolution, social and emotional competencies, growth mindset, and more.
* Provide small group counseling on making friends, family changes, personal loss, study skills, and more.
* Help students who are struggling to make positive behavior changes.
* Collaborate with parents/guardians, teachers, support staff, and administration.
* Provide student assistance with self-esteem, school success, social and emotional skills, etc...
Want to learn more about what a School Counselor does?
Check out our MPS Opportunity and Achievement Website:
Elementary School Counselors: