Students have a variety of means for arriving at and leaving Lehi Elementary. Whether your child rides the bus, walks to school, or is riding with you, there are guidelines that all parents and students should keep in mind.
Arrival and Dismissal Guidelines
Students may not be on campus without adult supervision. Since teachers report for their duty assignment at 7:20a.m., please arrange your child's departure from home so that he/she does not arrive at school before 7:25 a.m..
All Lehi students are expected to leave campus at dismissal time unless they are being cared for in an on-campus, after-school program or have written permission from either parents or staff members.
If a student is consistently on campus without supervision before or after school hours, parents/guardians will receive notification so that they may address the issue.
After-School Program Transportation
Parents are responsible for arranging transportation for students participating in after-school programs. Failure to pick-up students may result in being "dropped" from after-school activities.
Riding the bus to and from school is a privilege. There are district transportation policies for appropriate rider ettiquette that must be followed. Poor behavior will generate one warning. Additional bus referrals will result in the loss of riding privileges.
Parking Lot Guidelines
Thank you for your assistance in making the parking lot a safer place for our students.
- All student drop-off and pick-up will be in the southernmost front parking lot.
- Only staff cars and buses will be allowed in the northernmost front parking lot closest to the office.
- No cars are permitted in the bus turn around area during school hours.
The parents of Lehi students may give their child permission to ride bikes to school; however, we can assume no responsibility for them while they are parked on campus. If your child chooses this mode of transportation, the following rules will be enforced:
- Park and lock bicycles in bike rack.
- Bicycles are not to be brought to school without a chain or lock. We have had bicycles stolen from our bike compound. To reduce risk, use a high-quality locking device and connect it securely.
- Bicycles are not to be ridden in the parking lot, on sidewalks, or anywhere on school grounds at any time.
- Infractions of these rules or other dangerous uses of bikes to and from school may mean the loss of these privileges.
- We highly recommend that parents of kindergartners through second graders do not allow their children to use any of this mode of transportation to and from school.